Welcome to the home page for the North Carolina Alliance for Women Re-entrants & their Children, a group formed to share information and increase cooperation among organizations in the state of North Carolina who serve (or will serve) women who are currently or formerly incarcerated and/or their children. You can also visit our facebook page.
We are currently meeting on the third Thursday of every other (odd numbered) month from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at a central location in the Triangle. If you are interested in joining this meeting, please contact Jailen Wallis at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the NCAWRC Upcoming Events.
Our first gathering was held November 15, 2012 at NC Central University’s School of Law and almost twenty organizations were represented among those who attended. Some of the findings and notes from that gathering can be found here under ‘Meeting Notes’.
The planning committee for the first gathering included:
- Lynn Burke, Attorney
- Rebecca Sauter, Piedmont Triad Regional Council’s Project Re-entry
- Betsy Fenhagen, Partners
- Tonja Fultz, Goodwill NCNW-Piedmont Triad Regional Council’s Project Re-entry
- Susan Henson, Pharaoh’s Daughter
- Tanya Jisa, Co-Chair, Benevolence Farm
- Melissa Radcliff, Co-Chair, Our Children’s Place
- Cat Sheer, Piedmont Triad Regional Council’s Project Re-entry
- Gilda Womble, InStepp, Inc.